The building is home to many research spaces. A 6-foot-tall stability wind tunnel, acquired from National Aeronautics and Space Administration in 1958, is attached to the building. Valued at $1 million at the time, the tunnel was acquired for about $1,700 as surplus equipment. Randolph Hall was constructed in two sections. The west section was completed in 1952, and the east section was added in 1959.